11. Not every window requires a grid. For a window overlooking the lake or a mountain view, forgo the grid to preserve the view.
12. According to a checklist of home safety aspects, ease of operation is tops on their list for window considerations for seniors. As you get older, you can’t “push and pull” on a Double Hung window the way you could in your 30’s. For older members of the household, consider easy-to-operate Slider or Casement windows.
13. If hiring a window installer, make sure to request paperwork that assures you that the entire installation team is bonded and insured.
14. Some manufacturers require you to fill out and submit warranty forms. Make sure to do that promptly and keep your window warranty information in a secure location.
15. Most manufacturers offer standard size windows to closely match existing units. Once you have the new windows on site, double-check the measurements for fit before removing the existing units.