Clean & Store Window Screens
31. To clean window screens, carefully remove the screens from the frame and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
32. Place screens on a flat surface (such as the driveway) and use mild soap and water with a soft bristle brush to remove dirt and grime. Clean both sides of the screen and around the interior and exterior of the frame. Rinse off the unit with lukewarm water.
33. Allow the screen to dry completely before placing it back into the window or storing it.
34. Never pressure-wash screens or windows because the force of the water can damage the units.
35. Use extreme care when cleaning screen mesh, since it can be dented or creased if too much pressure is placed on the screen.